Not every buyer will feel the same as you do about your beloved pets, so we thought we would create some top tips to minimise the negatives and maximise the positives.
- Clean, clean, clean! We always recommend a good clean and vacuum before each viewing to present your home in the best possible light. Some buyers may have allergies, or there could be some lingering odours or stains that can give a buyer a negative feeling towards your home.
- Remove litter boxes, food and water bowls and potentially pet toys to de-clutter.
- Repair any damage that may have been caused by pets, such as scratches to furniture, walls or flooring.
- Tidy up the garden, especially if you have a dog that spends a lot of time in the garden.
- Relocate your pets during the viewing, some pets such as snakes or lizards, may potentially scare a buyer. Dogs and cats may be an exception if they are incredibly well behaved.
If you have any more tips we would love to hear them!